Monday, February 7, 2011

All the glory to Him, Not me.

Wow. I am really speechless at the moment. Somehow I stumbled upon the Facebook page of Kate Davis and was blown away. I had heard of her before from a close friend but never really gave her much thought to look up. Let me just tell you, GO LOOK HER UP NOW. Just her photos alone are so humbling. She is 20 years old and has.. wait for it... 14 daughters! Amazing right? Glory be to God for her and her daughters! Her story is so beautiful and inspiring. I encourage you read up on her. You won't be disappointed.

From her story, I started thinking about my own life. How have I contributed to this world and His plan for my life? All in all or just lately? I was kind of scared to answer that question to be honest. I like to think that I "do everything right" and "listen to everything God is saying to me", but in all reality, am I being honest with myself? Or with God?

Answer: No.

Ouch. That really hurts to even type. But its the harsh, brutal truth. As you imagine it hurting me, how much more this truth hurts my loving, never-failing Father. I look and admire Katie's beautiful life. I say I want that love she has and gives to everyone who is in her presence. Yet, I don't realize that that love is God's love. And it's right in front of me. I don't know about you, but I know I lose the sight and truth of that more often than I want to admit.

This summer. I use to think that God had amazing plans for me to go on a huge mission trip with my friend and really blow my socks off. But I realize in church Sunday, it's not all about me. Even the first song many of us Christians learned as a child "Jesus Loves Me" is all about who?... Me. And I understand that for His plans to happen and work, I have to contribute and participate but not the center of the equation. So for this summer, I still don't know what God has in store for His plan for my life. But I know that I have to contribute by praying, trusting, and believing He will take care of it all. I can't just sit back and wait for Him to throw it all in my lap though.

Until then, I am changing my focus back to Him. Just to think of the stupid, petty things I've been worrying and stressing over lately.. It really is pathetic. I know right now He is not pleased with any of it. So here I am making a goal to be determined to pray and contribute to this plan He has for me.

I ask of you now to help me. Help me stay accountable to Him and His plans, not mine. Because I want all the glory to be unto HIM, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment